Religious services were held in a large barn built by Joseph Dunlap on his farm north of Edgington. It was here that the Gospel was preached monthly during the summer season through the late fall of 1845 when the church in Edgington was built on three acres of ground donated by Daniel Edgington. The building was a plain front structure of 22 x 40 feet. The vestibule, gallery, and tower were added in 1869.
As the church was growing a new sanctuary was built in 1896 where we still worship to this day. There have been two more additions in the past years providing many more Sunday school rooms, restrooms, pastor's study, church office, kitchen, elevator, lounge, and our downstairs fellowship area.
Most recently, in the Spring of 2013, the congregation voted unanimously to affiliate ourselves with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, and to re-orient ourselves as an historic and confessional Presbyterian church. God has been faithful to our church, and our greatest desire is to honor Him as we stand on our solid foundation and look forward to an exciting future of ministry in the name of Jesus.